Join Our Team
March 30, 2017
Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle is seeking a Client Manager to join our team! The Client Manager is tasked with the support of our clients, both new and existing, in support of our mission – to provide hot, nutritious meals to homebound Charlottesville and Albemarle County residents who are unable to cook their own meals and who have no one to help them. Reporting to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate will be experienced in social work, specifically with an elder population and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and fully supportive of the mission of Meals on Wheels (MOW).
- Accepts new client referrals and takes basic information
- Responsible for inputting documentation into database program
- Initiates paperwork for all new clients
- Adds new meal recipients to delivery route schedules in coordination with the Volunteer Manager
- Completes annual review and documentation of client needs and eligibility
- Responsible for organizing and distributing birthday and holiday gifts
- Prepares monthly statistics
- Prepares monthly bills and client statements
- Checks answering machine daily and logs messages
- Answers phone and logs messages
- Assists with newsletters and mailings
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office knowledge with a focus on Access and Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks
- Proven clear thinker, well organized, level headed, solution oriented.
- Strong customer service ethic, answers phones and works with meal recipients.
- Social Work background preferred.
- Must have personal automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license, with access to a reliable vehicle.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.
neighbors helping neighbors
one meal at a time
Who We Are
We are a community-based nonprofit organization that delivers hot meals to people throughout Charlottesville and Albemarle County who are vulnerable to hunger and isolation because of decreased mobility. Our mission is to improve the health and support the independence and dignity of our homebound neighbors.
To find out more, visit our About page.
The heart of our service is a daily delivery of a hot, nutritious meal to those in our community who are unable to venture out for food or to cook meals for themselves.
But we deliver so much more than a meal--we also offer our homebound neighbors a chance for friendly social interaction, a reminder to eat or even to get out of bed, a safety check to make sure nothing is wrong, and perhaps most important of all, a message that their community cares.
For many of our clients, the service we provide makes the difference between being forced to move to a nursing facility and being able to live independently in their homes, where they want to be.
To find out more, visit our Clients page.
How You Can Help
Take action by joining our network of dedicated volunteers who keep our wheels turning. Whether you are interested in volunteering weekly or whenever your schedule permits, as little as an hour of your time can be a priceless gift to those who rely on Meals on Wheels to deliver.
We have opportunities for weekly drivers, on-call substitute drivers, and packers (who label, organize, and pack meals for pick-up by drivers). Our volunteers include individuals, families, and organizations looking to give back to their community. We are happy to coordinate with you so that volunteering can work with your schedule.
For further information about volunteering, visit our Volunteers page.
As an independent local organization, we rely on contributions from our community to keep our wheels turning. Most of our clients are on low or fixed incomes and are not able to pay for our services--which is where your donations come in. Each donation we receive goes directly towards our mission to serve our clients with a daily nutritious meal, a friendly visit, and a check on their safety and wellness. To find out more, visit our Support page.
Throughout the year, we host and participate in a number of events that help to support our mission through fundraising, volunteer appreciation, and growing local awareness.
These events offer the wider community a chance to participate in the important work we do while having fun and connecting with others who care about the Meals on Wheels mission.
Hands On is our blog celebrating the work of our volunteers and sharing stories, news, and resources for everyone in the Meals on Wheels family: clients, volunteers, and friends of our organization.
Follow Hands On to read inspiring stories, learn about the impact we are having on our community, find out ways for you to get involved, and generally stay in-the-know about all things Meals on Wheels.
Feel free to drop us a line in the comments and let us know what's on your mind!