Job Hours Type: Part Time
Application Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015
Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team! The Volunteer Coordinator is tasked with effectively recruiting, training, supervising, and nurturing a solid volunteer base to support our mission - to provide hot, nutritious meals to homebound Charlottesville and Albemarle residents who are unable to cook their own meals and who have no one to help them.
• Professional demeanor and attitude at all times befitting a public representative of Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle
• Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and direct volunteers
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan, organize, and implement multiple projects and meet deadlines with high quality work
• Demonstrated ability with Social Media – Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
• Strong organizational and relationship building skills, excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team
• Self‐motivated and willing to work in a flexible, non‐structured environment
• Command knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends
Please send resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample to email@example.com.
E-mail only please. No phone calls.